Monday 11 January 2016

Well. That was quick.

I don't think there'll be a 52 foods post this week - I didn't plan anything new on the menu.  I also bought way too much salad and need to chomp and chew through that and well - there's the whole no sugar thing.

Who knows. I might surprise myself.  I'll see.  I'll pull some cook books out and see what inspires me - but to be frank - there is a shit tonne of salad in the fridge and one uninspired me this week.

On the sugar front:

Going well. I think. Headachy as all get out. 

Had to do some googling to help with what is in and out re: snacking. 

Always check the nutritional info listed on food packaging, jars and bottles. A quick snapshot: choose foods with less than 5g (just over 1 teaspoon) of sugar per 100g. This quick reading should keep you roughly in check and will wipe out 90 per cent of processed foods.
But if it’s dairy, remember the first 4.7g of sugar per 100g is lactose. Lactose is fine for most of us to consume, but anything on top of the 4.7g is added sugar. (PS - I'm low lactose / lactose free)
3 And if it’s a liquid: it must contain no sugar. A serving size for a juice can be 375ml; some servings can be up to 750ml (at juice bars), and a serving of pasta sauce can be 250ml. Even if it’s only 5 per cent sugar, a liquid’s usual massive serving size renders it a sugary dump. The take-home: never drink anything containing sugar!


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2612225/Sarah-Wilsons-I-Quit-Sugar-Life-Lets-gist-again.html#ixzz3x01v0X4K 


No comments:

Post a Comment