Thursday 7 January 2016

52 recipe challenge

There is so much I want to get done this year and a few things are related to food.  I adore food. 

I'm conflicted because I love baking and I am really interested in pickles and preserves - but I also want to have a good crack at quitting sugar and while those two things can co-exist they are - at a basic level - very different ends of the scale. 

On one end you've got a philosophy which promotes not adding any sugar to a diet and at the other end you've got recipes which call for cups and cups of sugar to be added to sugary fruits bottled up together. 

All that aside this year I'm aiming to make, assemble, cook, prepare 52 new dishes.  One a week, all on a sliding scale of complexity.  

This weeks meal, as mentioned, as from a favourite blogger - Kristin at Iowa Girl Eats. 
Tonight we sat down to a huge bowl based on her Italian Sub Salad with some changes - I forgot to roast the chickpeas - so they went in straight from the can (yum!), I omitted the bananna peppers but we did add jalapeno pickle (yum x 2) and I added some cubed cheddar (I'll refrain from more yums - but it was yum).

I've created a pinterest board for the stuff I collect during the course of the year. It wont all be from the net and other bloggers - I have a healthy cook book collection too - however it did suffer in the move - a lot was culled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment