Thursday 14 January 2016

Glug glug glug

Well I did it - I made something new that I've never made before - so 52 foods is still going strong. 

And it was edible.  Drinkable?  I consumed it and it didn't make me vomit and it filled me up. So that's a win. 

This weeks "meal" was Sarah Wilson's zucchini bread thickie

I made it on my usual lactose free milk, with peanut butter (I couldn't find anything else in the supermarket) and oats as that's that I had on hand - and I loathe quinoa.

It was thick, gluggy and OK - it was overwhelmingly nutty (I think I accidentally added too much peanut butter).  It certainly wasn't the vibrant green in the photo on the IQS website. And it's not strictly approved for this stage of the IQS diet as it has a banana in it and I think we're supposed to quit all fruit for the first stage. But my reasoning was that it was the banana or some stevia or another concoction and I don't much like the thought of green smoothies so - meh. And I didn't want to buy Stevia.  (I'm poor.  We'll cover that at some stage).

Just a little tip - if you use the little pulsing kenwood mix thingamajig - dont add the chia first - it gets stuck in the bottom.  I think it probably needs to go in half way - maybe even as far as to add half the oats then the chia and the rest of the oats. 

Tomorrow I'm planning to try the cucumber cooler smoothie  and at some stage I'll get around to taking photos of my own food.  Not that they're all that appealing to look at.  Seriously - today's effort looked .....  um...  it tasted better than it looked.  

So this is...  day 5?  Headaches have stopped.  I've been sleeping a lot - A LOT - not sure if it's related or just coincidence - I'm unemployed at the moment - I am my own master - I'm free as a bird to do as I please - as long as that thing is free! I slept off a headache on Wednesday - didn't get out of bed until 2pm (really unlike me).

I picked up some soda water and some herbal tea when I did the groceries the other day so that I could feel like I had something yummy to drink and I've been ploughing through the water. 

So far it's been easy, but I know it will get harder again - or maybe the weaning I had been doing was enough and I've passed the worst of it?  Who knows, time will tell. 



No comments:

Post a Comment