Saturday 16 January 2016

Sunday things.

I don't want this blog to be all about quitting sugar - but it's one of the biggest things going on right now.  It's informing my decisions. It's consuming my waking hours - in mostly good ways. It's informing what I choose to make for "52 foods".

It's been 7 days today - it's been easy-ish.  I've broken a few times.  I've stuffed up a few times.

By broken I mean I was so desperate for something sweet I blended frozen strawberries, half a banana and some shredded coconut with milk and ate it like a smoothie.  It was good OK, would have been better if the 'nana was frozen.  We're out of strawberries now so that exact concoction wont happen again.

I also bought some kiwi fruit and 2 blocks of chocolate today. I needed something sweet and I wanted chocolate  - both high cocoa and low (for chocolate) sugar.  I didn't get the ultra low stuff with artificial sweeter.  One was full - like very full of lactose and the other was had so much sweeter in it and the usual "laxative warning" on it.


This meme always makes me think of a girl I used to work with.  She and I had a running joke around our budgets - no body ever had a budget for anything - especially "that". ("That" being anything we wanted for our programs ...  anyhoo...  you never know who might read this so...  doop de doop de doo)...

I also bought some bread and when I got it home I realized I'd read the pack incorrectly.  But I'll have to eat it up - I cant justify or afford to throw it out. (I hate food waste).

The headaches have stopped.  I'm not hungry.  I'm drinking a lot less caffeine because I don't enjoy instant coffee or tea without sugar.  I drink "real" espresso coffee without sugar so I'm still enjoying that when I get to a coffee shop. 

I have a job interview tomorrow and I go back to uni in 3 weeks time  - I expect this blog will either die or settle into a pattern if i get the job and when study starts up again. 

I'm enjoying the blog - I hope I can keep it going and find a niche for it - but what ever - I'm writing it for me - not an imaginary audience so ...  um...  I don't know. I mean we all start somewhere right?  Some things just take better than others.  I'd love to have readers - maybe not reading this stream of brain farts - but you know. Reading something I've written.  I'll stop. 

I'm off to schedule the next 52 foods post - it's technically this week. 

Bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment