Tuesday 26 January 2016

Homity Pie

A facebook friend posted a delicious looking photo of home made pies yesterday, when asked what they were we were told they were 'Homity Pies'.  She went on to explain they were "popular in the second world war" and were "still popular in Devon because we never caught up with time." He he he.  

Anyhow, they looked delicious - similar to quiche but potato and cream, not egg based. So I gave it a crack (pardon the pun).


I googled, there are SOOO many versions out there - but here's one you could use 
http://the1940sexperiment.com/2014/06/05/homity-pie-recipe-no-134/

We filled ours with potato and cream - as is required.  But we also had mushrooms and left over corn beef to use up. I added onion, peas and cheese.  So we had something I could imagine my Mum calling "Bubble and Squeak Pie".

Thoroughly delicious - it'll be a great way to use up left overs in winter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment