Saturday 6 February 2016

Yuck. I broke.

I broke.

I didn't cave in to some amazing looking temptation.  I just broke. We had a lazy night - fish and chips - which isn't great but is totally OK sugar wise. Then we had ice cream.  That was planned.  Unfortunately it wasn't rich and creamy and amazing - it was average. 

I went into it knowing it was 20% sugar and I actually didn't enjoy it all that much because I was so overfull from dinner  - our local chippy - Mr. JJ's does a $6 meal with a piece of fish, battered sausage, scallops, crab stick and a heap of chips -  usually share one and top up with salad but last night we got one each and we didn't (actually couldn't) finish our meals!

Anyhow I went to bed with a head ache and woke up feeling all cold and flu-y and gross.  Could have been a coincidence but yeh.  All in all a huge waste of a 'cheat meal'.  :(

I'm glad I felt shitty because I've not really noticed much improvement otherwise.  I don't feel energised, my skin doesn't feel better, I'm not noticing much change at all - and yes I am being careful.  No I'm not consuming copious amounts of hidden sugar in other forms - I'm not stacking each meal with sauce or other hidden sugars.






Images taken from THIS BLOG. which is a good read.

Also - who only has a teaspoon or one tablespoon of sauce on their food?  Not me!  My chips usually swim in sauce.  I love it.  I do miss it. 

Point is - close to one month in - not feeling any amazing, startling, great results - but like a few other things I've tried maybe it's a case of feeling worse if I went back to my old ways. Pretty impressed that I can count the times I've broken.

Two occasions I've had like 1/4 spoon of sugar in my coffee,
I licked a bit of condensed milk off my finger the other day - on purpose
I had that sports drink - which was gross - as I mentioned here a few days?  weeks? ago
I had two kiwi fruit the other day - they needed eating up
and last nights not great ice cream :( Interestingly the ice cream didn't make me sick - which I've long thought might be the case - I don't think I'm actually lactose intolerant - I've just thought it was a coincidence / there was something more complex there.  I've always known that I get more of a flair up from lactose if I've been eating poorly - and I think this is more evidence of this. 

Still craving cordial and sweet drinks like no one's business.  Actually think the cravings are getting worse but I'm still staying the path.

This week we're trying a coconut and blueberry muffin which is apparently very yummy.  We'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment