Friday 12 February 2016

Revisiting post #1 - one month in.

Excuse me?  How are we half way through February?

I thought I'd revisit the 5 goals I  mentioned in post one - mainly because the first post popped up in my feedly the other day and I'd already forgotten what I'd said - so lets have a quick look back.


But, before that  - I hate Feedly.  I really hate it - I wish google reader would come back.  Blurgh - I use feedly on an android and feedly is always doing strange things - like spitting up really old posts. Anyhow - engugh whinging. 



  1. I have said yes to a 52 photo challenge.
  2. I will cook (or prepare) a new recipe ever week. 
  3. This year we're hoping...I  can study a little more and work a little less. I'll let you know how that goes for me. 
  4. Sew more is self explanatory. I missed my machine which "she" was in storage. 
  5. New skills - polish up the sewing, learn more about photography, take some "moocs" (Massive Open Online Courses) I participated in a few last year and loved them.  This year I am determined to get this one done!


So where am I on this?
  1. The photo thing is progressing well.  The dog has not featured too heavily yet.  Winter may change that. 
  2. The food challenge is going along OK - some weeks I cook 2 or 3 new things and save them up & forward post.  I think this is OK - I'm going to change the parameters to 52 new foods in the year.  Honestly there are weeks when we eat the same or a similar meal multiple times.  Last week for example was steak and potato bake, steak and salad and beef enchiladas followed by chicken and salad - so not ground breaking - but the week before that we had 2 new things. So it all averages out. 
  3. Uni isn't back yet.  I'm trying to rev myself up and get a head start. I keep promising "today" or "tomorrow"  I know starting ASAP - which I can do - will pay off.  Maybe today!
  4. No sewing is happening :( I've cut some patterns, and matched some fabric but I need a little bit of batting and some more interfacing and some other notions - money is tight and I'm just not into cracking out the machine at the moment. 
  5. New skills - slowly. I'm working on the MOOCs.  I've kind of fizzed on the photography. There is a book which is about to be released (the 4th ed) it comes highly recommended - maybe it will help re-invigorate - or maybe the "personal study" will have to go on hold while uni takes front and centre. 


Other points: Lots of E books are being listened to -  I'm enjoying that and the quitting sugar thing is going well.    

No comments:

Post a Comment