Thursday 4 February 2016

Another one from 52 photos That makes this image # 5.3 & so dog stuff


Sorry. Not sorry. 

Here's your third image for the week. This is why I promised my friends that he'd be in 50% or less of my images for this challenge. Otherwise it would be the #356dogchallenge

Can't help myself. I love this little face more than anything in the entire world. 

Here he is just being cute with his chew treat in a kong. I'm trying to teach him that kongs are fun and good things come from them. We're also trying to teach him that it's totally ok to hang out in the backyard on your own for extended periods of time. All the cool kids, eh, dogs do it. Seem's he's conveniently forgotten this fact.  

My freezer is currently full of doggy treats.  Honestly - I could start a weekly post all about that - This week we've got an old icecream container full of water and some kibble - with one of his favourite toys - a rubber ball frozen into it - I'm hoping he realises what the ball is and tries to get it out. There's about 1/3 of the ball sticking out from the ice. 

We also have 3 or 4 "pupsicles" -in there at any stage at the moment.  I think these ones are all tuna, "tuna juice", kibble and some have peas in them. They're just a different way to deliver breakfast and give some enrichment. 

I also have the above shown kong, in 1/2 of an old milk bottle - I cut the bottle up to hold the kong upright while I froze a bully stick into it - the bottle also provided a clean vessel to put in the freezer - I do try to limit dog slobber possibilities in my freezer.Problem is I don't exactly know how I'll get the kong out of the bottle to give it to him. Enrichment for Mumsy that one.

So much other dog stuff going on in my life. I will share but I am cautious about writing too much - I'm not an expert - just documenting what is and isn't working for us. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Cat Lady!

      I have a very photogenic subject (well, so I think)!

      Delete