Thursday 11 February 2016

Having less.


I'm enjoying having less, this isn't usual for me - I love having stuff.  I still do love having stuff. I have stuff in boxes in the garage which won't be unpacked - but I have it.  Just because. It is special, I'd love to pull some of it out but there isn't enough space. Also things (like 3M hooks) don't stick to the walls in this house. 

However....we've got a lot less of other things. Two bath mats - down from who knows how many - one in use, one in the wash. Three sets of sheets and matching pillow cases. It makes things less complicated and I'm loving it. Even more than that, I'm loving having less food in the house. I love getting to the end of the week and having next to nothing in the kitchen. 

It's been a kind of tight few weeks financially, right now there is no veg in the fridge.  We've got some wraps, a lemon, chili, some garlic, ginger, mayo, mustard, eggs, butter and bacon from the freezer. The freezer is... um...  well.  In terms of actual consumable human food there is one chop, a bag of peas, some bread. The rest is dog food. 

So tonight will be bacon and eggs.  Maybe with beans. Probably in wraps. But it's not a bad thing. It's great. 

We've pulled meals together from very little this week.  An old family staple - curried tuna on rice one night.  A big curry (different kind - don't worry we weren't "over curried" this week). Mashed veg - which I was going to turn into pumpkin soup but I enjoyed it too much on toast. Roasted pumpkin and cauliflower slow roasted in a pan with lots of chili, garlic and ginger. It was sooooo good. Left over curry on toast for one of us last night. 

Point is, not much is going to waste, we're buying just enough to get us through the week. Because we're trying to be sugar free most of it is fresh and used up within the week or fortnight.  Lots of fresh meat, wraps, salads. It's not all good healthy meals - we've found a reasonably decent frozen pizza. There was copious "meals" which included lots of toast and butter.  

Not sure what this week will bring. 

But all in all it's good. It's healthy, it's tasty and I'm really loving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment